Wow, 2 months have escaped me. Where does the time go?
It would be too much for me to go into detail about all our adventures, so here are the highlights:
- Had 24 hours, 8 dedicated to work, to unload our POD before it was due to be picked up.
- Painted the guest bathroom a dazzling shade of blue
- Painted the guest room a beautiful sky blue
- Painted the hallway a beachy sand color
- And all of the moulding. Stark white. Did I mention 3 coats of paint to cover the awful almond color?
- And all of the doors. Stark white. Did I mention the 5 coats of paint to cover the awful almond color?
- Discovered primer half way through the painting process and have embraced it
- Painted the master bath a seagreen color that came out darker than I had envisioned, but it is so nice now
- Oh, and the moulding. And the doors. It still needs a top coat.
- Got couches, end tables, and a kitchen table. It finally looked like people lived here and not nomad college students.
- Had a girl’s nite complete with frozen drinks and poker ’til 0200 and it was awesome!
- Had our 1st quasi-formal dinner party with a friend. On the menu: mahi, king crab, and potatoes.
- About to have a house warming party with random people stopping by. This should be fun!
My new favorite surf spot is Kure Beach. No paying for parking, no surf zones, less crowded. Perfect. I never thought I would find somewhere other than Wrightsville.
Life is good.