- My mother, who turns 62 today, just found out from her co-worker what a “tramp stamp” is. The worse part? Her eldest daughter *that’s me* has one of a Christian fish. She wasn’t sure how to take that.
- The General and I went to a shooting range and shot 100 rounds with a 9mm Ruger. Outside of the .22 and the one shot I took with a .357 (that hill behind the targets didn’t have a chance!), this was my 1st time with a powerful handgun. I didn’t like it at 1st, but the more I got used to it, the more I liked it. Honestly, I think I would like something best between a .22 and the 9mm. Next time, Gadget. Next time.
- An acquaintance of mine on Facebook posted a picture that has circled the internet about a wronged wife writing this on the back window of their SUV: “Dear Dave, Tell ur girlfriend ur wife and kids said hi. PS. I cleaned out the bank, you’re broke. ❤ Nikki” Classic. Except for the fact she cheated on her husband with another acquaintance of mine. They’re currently together. Such an odd thing to post, given the history of a the situation.
- There’s a heli circling our neighborhood. I feel like yelling, “You! Yes you! Stand still laddy.” (Pink Floyd, anyone?)
- Dinner tonight included a plate of empty mussel shells.
- I took the best nap ever on the couch with my husband.
- Watched the movie “James and the Giant Peach.” The General saw it nearly 15 years ago and remembered it being a good movie. Once I saw Tim Burton as an EP, I knew where it was going. You have to be high on drugs to fully enjoy it, I think. It was too musical. Too cliche. Too theatrical with the sets. I didn’t like it. The plot holes bothered me too much.