* We didn’t officially “cut the cord” on our cable….we just made the cord shorter. We downgraded to the basic of the basic cable which is ~20 channels, all of them broadcast except for the home shopping and government in action channels. We went this route because it was cheaper when bundling it with our internet. Crazy. It would have been more expensive to drop the TV and just have the internet – which I think is just plain nuts. And Highway to Heaven is not among the shows. I did get a streaming subscription to Netflix. Dragnet, here I come!
* Theodore and I are still seeing each other (aka Mr. Roosevelt). It usually doesn’t take me so long to go through a book; its long and heavy and I wish I could talk to someone who was around when he was President – like one of my ancestors – to see what they thought of it all. He sounds great! But it’s also his point of view. And I’m not much into politics. I’m ready for it to be over.
* Summer is here!!!! I spent all weekend at the beach and otherwise being warm. Amazing. I have waited so long fort his.
* I celebrated 10 years in my career over fondue with The General. 10 down, 35 more to go!
* The General and I ordered a stuffed-crust pizza from Pizza Hut. The General had never had one, I hadn’t had one since the 90’s. It was so worth it the calorie bomb. I also made those “peel and bake” chocolate chip peanut butter cookies. Those little buggers are evil at 80 calories/cookie (especially when you eat nearly a dozen). I did all of this on the same night. Luckily, they came with this little AED device….
And that about sums it up.