I am reporting to you live from under the guest bedroom bed.
The doorbell keeps ringing (incessantly at some points) and kids, with the average age being 12, keep yelling TRICK OR TREAT! So the cats and I are camping out until all this craziness settles down once and for all!
My Halloween costume this year? I’m a techie. Dark skinny jeans with a tailored black t-shirt from my favorite store of all time, H&M. I’m just a ClearCom and a flashlight short.
Not much has been going on, hence the blog silence.
Some things that have gone on….
- I got some serious peace from the Lord concerning the “thorn in my side.” By earthly standards, I have a snowball’s chance in hell of the tides turning in my favor, but I have relaxed in the Lord that He will somehow bring it all into fruition in His time and under His will. How? No idea. My faith is being tested for sure.
- I have recently rediscovered my all-time favorite bra type: the balconette. Random? Yes. But that’s me.
- My new boss started at work. My co-workers and I had a lot of apprehension about her; she’s not only sweet, but fair-minded, fun, and smart. And someone who can pull her own weight when it gets crazy. It will be a positive change for us.
- I’ve got to spend some awesome quality time with Miranda and Samantha. We’ve gone to costume balls, fancy restaurants, Emergency Vets followed by dinner (puppy was okay!), and crazy conversations. I love my girls!
- Spent a weekend in Detroit visiting family for my sister’s wedding shower. It was amazing and I felt I really clicked with that side of the family, so different from the years past. I even explored some graveyards and found my great-grandmother.
- Oh, I turned 32, somewhere in there. I still feel like I’m 25 with 7 years experience.
I haven’t been to the beach in quite some time and I am missing the ocean. Perhaps if there are good waves one of these days, I’ll don the wetsuit and head out to the breaks….